The Rochester Women’s Giving Circle focuses grantmaking on programs for women who are not in an immediate crisis situation and have taken action to stabilize their lives and the lives of their children. For girls and young women, we fund programs that help them stay in school and build skills and self-confidence. Programs that serve males and females are eligible to apply as long as our funds are directed to the women and/or girls in the program.
To be eligible, organizations must be located in and serve women and/or girls in Monroe County. They must have 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue code. Grant awards range up to $25,000.
We fund programs in any of the following areas:
- Education and Job-Training
- Money Management and Financial Literacy
- Life Skills and Job-Readiness Skills
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentoring Programs
- Programs that Put Women to Work!
We do not fund requests for/from the following:
- Private foundations
- Political organizations and activities
- Capital campaigns and endowments
- Building improvements, furniture, fixtures or equipment
- Individuals and scholarships
- Programs requiring religious affiliation or membership
- Event sponsorship